Spey Pages banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kevin200100, you are a cruel man!! :devil: You just had to tempt me!!!

Jock Scott on a size 12 blind eye.

Lots more varnish on the head and she's good to go.

-Bill

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Haha! Cheeky, I like it. Get out your magnify glasses folks, I sense a "small off" brewing. LOL

·
Registered
688 Posts
The small ones are so much more difficult. Trying to get the feathers to behave and getting proportions down is that much more critical, and thats why I like to do my practice on them. When I move up in size to the flys I use for fishing its just much easier then.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Did you have trouble tying with the bent hook? I just got a bunch and I have been having "fun" trying to get them placed in the vice correctly they get really screwed up when I try to rotate it :0 :confused:

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did you have trouble tying with the bent hook? I just got a bunch of Mustad Chestertowns and I have been having "fun" trying to get them placed in the vice correctly they get really screwed up when I try to rotate it :0 :confused:
I don't use a rotary, but I could see where it would cause some problems. I just stuck it in the vise near the bottom of the bend and adjusted angles accordingly. Actually the only "fun" I had was foolishly attempting one in hand. OUCH, these hooks are sharp!!!

Thanks to everyone for their comments, you guys are the best!! I'm going to tie some more with these hooks, some traditional wets and spiders though. I just had to play with this one!!

Any recommendations on what to use for either a loop, or a way to snell these hooks? Everything seems to bulk up the body too much.

Thanks again gents'

-Bill

1 - 12 of 12 Posts