Registered
ACR, Echo DHII, Danielsson, Leland, Hardy, Rio, Airflo
4,041 Posts
Many thanks for the effort

Will mark this as a favorite

·
Registered
169 Posts
You da man! Thanks so much for doing this!

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You da man! Thanks so much for doing this!
No problem, I am finding out that there is so many variations of the same technique, not sure if this is unique, but it is definitely got my style all over it!

·
Internet Scientist
1,302 Posts
Speyed Fox

...not sure if this is unique
My tying skills are really not good enough to be experimenting like this, but I tried something similar a while back for one of the tying challenges using fox hair. One difference is I palmered the dubbed loop up from the rear of the body. Fox is a lot finer, less stiff, than coyote so I don't think this will do anything but collapse when wet.

Attachments

·
Carp aficionado
1,234 Posts
It's a great method. Adding items to the same loop can even exaggerate the halo effect more. As in, sandwiching the fox or coyote between two thin layers of dubbing, or adding short turkey flats or similar to the loop to further prop out the long hairs. Jerry French does some good videos on building composite loops.

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My tying skills are really not good enough to be experimenting like this, but I tried something similar a while back for one of the tying challenges using fox hair. One difference is I palmered the dubbed loop up from the rear of the body. Fox is a lot finer, less stiff, than coyote so I don't think this will do anything but collapse when wet.
It will collapse unless its tied in with sum sort of structure behind it, like a dub ball, in my tie, I have a section of seal dub that the "hackle" is set into for the structure. Still around three wraps

1 - 12 of 12 Posts