Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Does anyone know that Skagit above Concrete and Sauk will be open at the end of March and mid-April? ::confused: It is about time to book flight tickets.

Thanks
Simon:

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
Simon,

These are my home waters and yes they are open for C&R until April 30th. The Sauk has a lot of damage from the October floods and some of the runs have been drastically changed or even filled in with sand. It is a different river than it has been the last 10 years.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Flytyer.

I am ready to go. But I thought fished Sauk last year for the first time. Almost got my fist Skagit steelhead (It got away eventually).
I thought I knew where to go this time. But now Sauk change its face again. Look like Sauk is not really friendly to this California Boy. Any pointer to find steelhead w/ a two-hand rod would be appreciated. Thanks.

Simon

·
Indicators Anonymous
846 Posts
Simon-
I believe it was you I talked to on the phone (calling from Cali. asking about the regs on the Skagit/Sauk).

If you get a chance stop by the shop when you get into town and I will send you in the right direction.

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
Simon,

There will still be fish moving through the damaged areas of the Sauk. I will fish it several times before the season ends on April 30th, eventhough I like the big water of the Skagit better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes. Ryan, it is me. Believe or not I called three shops in Seattle area, and I got three different results. First two said Skagit and Sauk were already closed. :tsk_tsk: (I glad it was not true.)

If there is no change, I will be there for a week or so chasing Skagit steelhead at the end of March. Hopefully will see you guys on the rivers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts