Spey Pages banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just Recieved my 1509 a week ago and all I can say is WHAT A CANNON! Going to enoy those windy days on the Deschutes and throwing tips this winter. Got a chance to cast the new Deltas by Airflo at the Clave and fell in love so I ordered 4 Airflo Deltas lines (a Delta and a Long Delta for my 7136 and the same for the ARC). Looking forward to really testing them out.

Dose anyone use the Delta spey lines? It's that time of year.:hehe:

Cheers,
Dennis

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Deltas

I have both the Scott 1509 and the 1287. Love them both. I am currently using the long Delta 7/8 on the 1287 and it casts like a dream. I would want to check out and cast the heavier long Deltas (for the 1509) as I do not think Airflo ups the grains enough in these heavier lines - the grain wts match the regular Deltas though they have 15' or so longer heads to sread out the weight. If you look at grain wts for Rio WC and Midspey, there is significant difference in grain wt for same wt lines.

That being said, at the clave I tried the SA XLT's and those lines are really awsome on the Scotts - plan to get the 7/8 for the 1207 and the 9/10 for the 1509 in the near future.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts