Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Scott ARC 1509/4 recently that was custom built. I don't know alot about the builder but can tell from the work that aesthetically, he did a fine job. I am waiting on delivery of a System 2 10/11 reel for use with this rod, and am contemplating a choice of line systems. Are there "out of the box" lines that work well with the ARC 15' 9 weight, or am I going to need to build a custom line in order to get the best performance? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks All

Steve Cole
Vashon, Washington

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
There are all kinds of lines that will work well with that rod. The first place I would look would be here:http://www.rioproducts.com/pages/speyrecs.asp

If this is your first spey rod I would suggest an Airflo Delta Long 9/10 or a Rio MidSpey 9/10.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
For a long belly I use an xlt 9/10 - works well for tips cut back to 26 feet. I would agree with wrke that the 8/9 is a better line for floating lines. I use a short belly Delta 9/10 or 10/11 again depending on if I want tips or not. Prefer the heavier line with tips. I am not a huge fan of mid belly lines. I see no benefit of mid belly lines if I have both a long belly and short belly line, but if you want only one line this may be the way to go and would agree with MJC's choices.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts