Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a trapezius sprain on my right shoulder and my Simms sling Pack is aggravating it. Thinking about the Filson Foul Weather Strap Vest (the one with the zippered ruck sack on the back). I'm wondering if strap vests or vests in general obstruct your arm motion in spey casting.

·
Banned
571 Posts
I use a strap type vest/tackle bag myself when I need to carry all my gear with me. It is a Pintail brand steelheaders' bag, usually used by...centrepinners...but I love the old thing. Lots of space, big pouch in the back, and hanging down far enough NOT to interfere with my casting. I have found that if I put fly boxes in my conventional vest my casting goes to hell because of the interference. I wonder if the Filson vest hangs down far enough to keep your casting unhindered...

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have one which I like, but like the others, don't use it when two handed casting. I had a nipper on my waders and that even got in the way.

·
Registered
12 Posts
wood river bag from the 70's can wear on shoulder, as a chest bag, or fanny, or as a back pack style, holds 6 boxes extra spool and all the essentials I need for the GL tribs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts