Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Looking around I saw these, a little cheaper than AREs 3/4 UHM12 but can't find anyone actually talking about using it. Here is the blank in question

yeoldeenglishflyshop com/store/#!/MICROSPEY-FLY-ROD-BLANK-OLDE-FLY-SHOP-SERIES-IM-12-DARK-MATTE-GREEN-11FT-3-4wt-4PC/p/46238231/category=10453112

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think txtrout recently posted a couple of builds on these blanks. Have a look a few weeks back in this forum.
Looks like he made those with a 10 ft im6 blank.

I spoke with them and they say the weight is 53 grams, which is lighter than AREs 3/4. Good, bad?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Matt,

I have not built a rod on that blank. I've not asked Brian to send me a blank yet. Too much work as of late. I would not hesitate to build a rod out on that blank. It is made in the same roll-up facility as the 10ft rod I have built on. That roll-up facility makes blanks that are used in many European rods. I hope to build one out this fall/winter and figure out some lines for it.

The rods that come out of this facility that Brian carries are higher quality blanks than the ARE blanks I've handled/used. They have straight tips, sections are the same length, etc.

I hope this helps and Brian is a nice guy to deal with.

Robert

1 - 4 of 4 Posts