Spey Pages banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched and searched, but nobody seems to have DDC bellies, just kits. I'm specifically looking for #9/10 bellies (floating and intermediate). I'd also consider buying them used from an individual as long as they're at least 25 ft. long.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
This may/may not help: http://www.guideline.no/en/DEALERS/

Also keep clicking on the UK portion of the map to expand same. I've ordered (many occasions) from major shops and none have missed a beat. From order to arrival takes 7-10 days.

Edit: Also don't forget that you can contact them direct; more often than not you'll find them to me most accommodating.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Only thing I've noticed so far about the UK is the prices. I know your looking for DDC bellies but for the 3D heads they are $95US (L59.99) compared to $69.99 US here at flydepot.com.
I ordered a couple reels from a company here is Canada last year who got them from the US distributer and he said they were slow at sending stuff out also.

·
Registered
288 Posts
DDC's

Great Lakes Spey is the only place that comes to mind right now in this country but a search on the "net" might help you turn up someone else.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Only thing I've noticed so far about the UK is the prices. I know your looking for DDC bellies but for the 3D heads they are $95US (L59.99) compared to $69.99 US here at flydepot.com.
I ordered a couple reels from a company here is Canada last year who got them from the US distributer and he said they were slow at sending stuff out also.
One thing to keep in mind about buying out of the UK (the posted price) is the 20% VAT is waived as the 'product' is going out of the Country. You'll loose a bit of that with the mailing costs, but if it's a hard to find product and on sale it can be a very good deal.

·
Registered
823 Posts
If youre really in a pinch you can borrow/ use my 9/10. while you wait? its the intermediate one.

I forgot the tips length, but the whole head with tip comes out at 35.2 feet. its clean and in good shape; only a year old.

I can fedex it to ya; just cover me for the shipping and get it back to me in 3-4 weeks?

Kenny

(Btw; is this Will G.?)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If youre really in a pinch you can borrow/ use my 9/10. while you wait? its the intermediate one.

I forgot the tips length, but the whole head with tip comes out at 35.2 feet. its clean and in good shape; only a year old.

I can fedex it to ya; just cover me for the shipping and get it back to me in 3-4 weeks?

Kenny

(Btw; is this Will G.?)
Thanks for the kind offer Kenny. I have 9/10s in the same length as yours for my summer rod, but I need more grainage (~420 gr. total) for my new winter rod. Actually, my name isn't Will at all. I simply have a will to catch steel ;-)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts