Spey Pages banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi every body, happy new year, i'm a new member of this forum, and a flyfishing DH rods too, i enjoy so much night fishing, surf and estuaries, and i can't see the conection between running and shooting line, whithout, light or feeling with the rod tip, any one can tell me a trick to this spanish DH beginner, who is a New Jersey resident since 2004, thank you so much, and sorry about my inglish:roll:

·
Registered
886 Posts
Whip a piece of thread onto the running line when the shooting head is at you rod tip.( on a 15 ft rod it would e 14 1/2 ft down the running line) When you feel the "bump" go through your fingers you are in position.

Make sense?

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
(No pun intended) But don't forget to 'duck.' All kidding aside, this is where assuring the 'air-line' of your rod tip tilted over 10-15'ish degrees is all important. Remember, your fly will follow the plane made by the tip. Too vertical and the fly's headed right at the back of your head.:eek:

WG's got the how to mark part covered.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Night fishing

I fish at night alot. i am usually fishing an intermediate line with a weighted fly. If i tried to lift it out of the water when the running line was at the tip, It would be too deep to come out. I strip in line till i feel the thicker head in my fingers. then i lift and use one easy false cast. After my false cast i have to assume that the line is where it should be.

Jay

1 - 5 of 5 Posts