Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm heading up into the 'Yoop next week for an extended road trip (RETIRED NOW!!) and was wondering if any 'Nuts had tips or advice on streams in the UP. I've been on a few- the Fox, the W Br of the Whitefish and the Sturgeon above Bay de Noc (my first UP Brookie on that stream), but that's the extent of it. I'm researching the Escanaba and Chocolay in particular but don't have first-hand opinions and would welcome any input here. Could be hot and hotter temps, have to wait and see.

Thanks for any thoughts, and tight lines.

Roguerat

'Less is more...'

·
Broken Down Spey Freak
1,342 Posts
One tip, watch out for the Yooper's! I hear the place is lousy with them! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Dan

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm heading up into the 'Yoop next week for an extended road trip (RETIRED NOW!!) and was wondering if any 'Nuts had tips or advice on streams in the UP. I've been on a few- the Fox, the W Br of the Whitefish and the Sturgeon above Bay de Noc (my first UP Brookie on that stream), but that's the extent of it. I'm researching the Escanaba and Chocolay in particular but don't have first-hand opinions and would welcome any input here. Could be hot and hotter temps, have to wait and see.

Thanks for any thoughts, and tight lines.

Roguerat

'Less is more...'
The escanaba river below Bony Falls Has Some excellant trout fishing with access below robin g road

·
Registered
64 Posts
I haven't been up der more than 20 years, but there used to be a club that maintained a great access on the Escanba where mousseauduane has described. It's a nice big river there and imagine would be a great place to swing flies.

Bring a head net.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts