Spey Pages banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
527 Posts
I can't answer your question but I can pass along one tip: if you are going to buy a used one and want to get the longer bottom handle that is now being offered, you need to make sure that the bottom grip on the rod is threaded and removable.

· Pvillarr
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't answer your question but I can pass along one tip: if you are going to buy a used one and want to get the longer bottom handle that is now being offered, you need to make sure that the bottom grip on the rod is threaded and removable.
Thank you for the suggestions. I don't really mind the bottom cork handle being short as it is similar to the Echo OHS rod. The reel seat is unlocking on both of these rods so if you put a finger or two on the bottom of the reel seat, it works fine!

· Premium Member
Meiser S2H15079CX-4 , Farlex , Gaelforce
336 Posts
I have the 7wt and 9wt these rods are an absolute joy to cast. This last spring I was fishing with an Aqua Flies rep and he had 4wt that he put in my hands to try out . Again an absolute joy to cast . For price and no hassle lifetime warranty I don’t think you can go wrong with purchase of one of these rods.

For the 4 wt Renegade
180gr SA skagit lite integrated running line

· Registered
77 Posts
I own the 4wt Renegade. I couldn't be happier with it. It's my go to rod for cut throat trout on the OP.

I use the Ambush Triangle taper TTAM4F for dry fly stuff. That line is mounted on an old Cabelas Cahill 1 click and pawl reel (made in America model, so pretty old). I use the OPST Commando smooth 200 grain for sinking flies, with Sonar leaders in 3" ps and 6" ps. That line is mounted on a first generation Waterworks litespeed reel.

Both reels balance it perfectly, at least for me, and both lines with the 4wt Renegade cast easily and smoothly. Really a joy to cast all day.

That rod is fun to cast either single hand or two handed. I prefer 2 handed most of the time. I may start the cast 2 handed, but the rod is so light, I finish the cast one handed sometimes.

It's shorter length is nice for brushy streams, but still has enough length and power to cast as far as I need it to.

So I highly recommend it.

· Pvillarr
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I own the 4wt Renegade. I couldn't be happier with it. It's my go to rod for cut throat trout on the OP.

I use the Ambush Triangle taper TTAM4F for dry fly stuff. That line is mounted on an old Cabelas Cahill 1 click and pawl reel (made in America model, so pretty old). I use the OPST Commando smooth 200 grain for sinking flies, with Sonar leaders in 3" ps and 6" ps. That line is mounted on a first generation Waterworks litespeed reel.

Both reels balance it perfectly, at least for me, and both lines with the 4wt Renegade cast easily and smoothly. Really a joy to cast all day.

That rod is fun to cast either single hand or two handed. I prefer 2 handed most of the time. I may start the cast 2 handed, but the rod is so light, I finish the cast one handed sometimes.

It's shorter length is nice for brushy streams, but still has enough length and power to cast as far as I need it to.

So I highly recommend it.
Thanks for the review. I own the five weight and it is great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts