Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Site loads slowly, I get the spinning ball all the time. No problem with Firefox, all works smoothly. I'm on Apple Mojave 10.14.6. Have talked with Apple many times last few days. Completely reinstalled Mojave. Spey pages is the ONLY site that this happens with.

·
Banned
501 Posts
No issues on 2018 MacBook Pro and Mojave/Safari.

I would NOT use Firefox as it is CPU hog. Chrome has been working well on El Caption and now Mojave, it is easy to transfer bookmarks form Safari etc.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've worked with Apple several times and no solution yet. Seems a problem only with my 3yr old iMac. All works fine with MBPro. Both running 10.14.6. Even reinstalled Mojave again.Two senior advisors worked with me several times. They've referred it to Engineering. Hope to receive solution sometime next week.

·
Administrator
789 Posts
With the slow loading, is there any "waiting for" message along the bottom of your screen?

Kevin

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, only the spinning beach ball. I've spent many hours with Apple trying to analyze the problem, including reinstalling my operating system. It initially operates smoothly, but after a while, it goes back to malfunction. Apple said that their current system, Safari is more stringent with security and they feel that other things, probably through cookies (not necessarily from this website) causes the problem. For instance, the kind of things of the ads (like FlyFish USA and Burkheimer on this website) likely are the cause. It's Safari security incompatible with that type of thing. With a clean system, the website operates find. But after a while — and visiting many websites in the course of an hour or so — the problem reoccurs. So now, if I want to visit SpeyPages, I have to open either FireFox or Chrome. They don't have the same security system as Safari.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts