Spey Pages banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon,

Just wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with a Meiser S2H1002S-4 10’0” 2 wt? Just thinking about pulling the trigger on one and just after some user feed back.

Cheers

WF2

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
I think that is a very recent addition. I don't with that rod, but I do have the 10' 6" 3/4 wt from the Trout Master series - until recently one of Meiser lightest rods. I love it! I guess the thing I'd highly recommend is, depending on how you are planning on using it, and especially for such a light weight rod where your spey-style options (if these are part of are your intentions) may be limited, to definitely take advantage of getting some lines made for it by Steve (in Bobs shop) when you buy one. You can count on the rod being great, but getting the line exactly right for such a light rod will be where you may reap the real payoffs. My personal favorite on the 3106 is one of Steve's scandi lines for that rod that uses 55 gr tips (5wt 10' rio tips). The one for that rod is about 250 gr. With the floating tip, int, 3 and 6 ips I am set for just about everything. I have one of these that is integrated so great for streamers as well.

I guess it depends on the size distribution of the fish you will target, but I can say that even the 3106 makes little Sierra Nevada mountain trout feel like something. Talk to Bob and Steve about it, but maybe consider going up a weight for more casting options...? Only you can say.

But I can't say enough about the rods, their function and beauty, and the comprehensive relationship that comes with them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts