Spey Pages banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....and have the North Umpqua at your doorstep?

Busy and lucrative traditional Internal Med practice seeking a new colleague...couldn't think of a better place to advertise. If perchance anyone out there might be interested, please p.m or email at [email protected]. I hope I'm not violating any rules here; if so feel free to delete I'll understand.

Kurt

·
Registered
180 Posts
reference

As a healthcare provider, who lives in the area in question, I'd be happy to discuss this area with anyone interested in relocating. Feel free to PM me.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
And as the Mayor of the town that sits just a couple of miles up from the mouth of the Umpqua....I'll offer input to interested parties, too.

Keith

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I am so all over this if...

Ok, so is the medical knowledege THAT critical? I mean if you provide the on the job training...it'd be a...well I am a fast learner. ;)

All seriousness, hope you land a good one.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Why on here did I become an engineer! DOH! Now I am stuck living near big cities with manufacturing! Aghhh!!!!!! I really should contemplate going back to school to be a doctor or a nurse.

Hat's off to you for advertising on this site though!

·
A BIG fish is a GOOD fish
303 Posts
the big move

great to see the the quiet good guys get on the river now and then. usually with managed care and need to see 35 patients a day to break even, most clinics round here in the northeast dont close till 7 pm and always a half day on saturdays. hard to put a lot of fishing time in and balance family.

that being said i wish you good fortune in finding your internist. as a general surgeon who was hopeing to relocate to that area quite sincerely i was interested in private practice in grants pass, ashland, aswell as medford area. had job offer in la grande that my wife could not adjust too. wanted job in bend but that was well saturated at the time. keith was very welcoming and i only wish i could somehow get my indoorsy wife to make the 3000 mile move, but alas her family ties prevented us from formal committment. so i fish saltwater striped bass seconds from my hospital and have had great days catching while on call waiting for the next emergency to come in. yes its only practice for my beloved steelhead, but have to do with what you have i guess.

do you or anyone know of any locums needs around the area? i was looking into VA in roseburg as i do not need to renew my liscense for oregon state doing locums in VA, but hard to find opportunities in VA that are specific to area on their website. i would love to come out and fish the umpqua while doing locums work and it almost seems possible given the current crunch to migrate doctors ou tof the city. im busy board certified general surgeon and can attach my CV if you think anyone might be interested. as i said, if i didnt say i do to my wife, i would have said i do to southern oregon with BC vacations in the mix

good luck from this longrod md addict just north of boston.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Medical needs

Lots of need for any and all medical personnel up here in villages. You should be able to get your pick of 50 or so...

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Another 'opton.'

Don't know what 'opening' there may be but between Ashland and Grants Pass there are several MAJOR hospitals, God only knows how many clinics .... and your minutes away from the Rogue, Upper Klamath, etc.

·
JD
3,609 Posts
Uhhh Fred,,,,stifel

Don't know what 'opening' there may be but between Ashland and Grants Pass there are several MAJOR hospitals, God only knows how many clinics .... and your minutes away from the Rogue, Upper Klamath, etc.
In all seriousness though, I know several medical types here in town and believe me, with all the retiree's we have here, these guys are busier than a one arm paper hanger. Seldom, if ever, have time to fish.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Exactly why I'm looking for someone. Summertime I fish alot...get out of the office at 5:30, by 6 I'm swinging for steel on the fly section of the NU...Best time to be there anyway...

Kurt

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Suck up Jimmie; suck up.

In all seriousness though, I know several medical types here in town and believe me, with all the retiree's we have here, these guys are busier than a one arm paper hanger. Seldom, if ever, have time to fish.
That's because we have more 'millionairs' between Ashland and Grants Pass (per capita) than any other place in the US. Call my Doc ... SEE YOU tomorrow.

fae

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
FE, where did you dig up that stat?
Andre, go back up the thread and read Jim Jones' post. LOTS of retired 'California Money' here in the Valley. Here in Ashland, 1 in 4 home sales over the past few years were folks buying their 'retirement home' and a rental until 'they' moved north.:saeek:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Southern Oregon...your either rich or poor. There ain't much in the middle! Some of the highest unemployment in the state. :smokin:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Fred,

I moved north from CA as well. Moving to Seattle where there are "cities" where the least expensive home for sale is well over $1M and having lived in the Bay Area (Lafayette), your stat shocks me. That's why I asked where you found it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts