Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a two hand the salt clave this summer when the silvers are running. I have always had the best luck out at point no point here in puget sound, but maybe a few other folks around here have a better idea. I have a couple rods for overhead casting and would be more than willing to let people goof with them. I know I could get a few folks to cough up some other try rods too. Please post if this might be something you're interested in, good spots where we might not have to deal with the buzz bombers and a good month where most of us, if any, could get together.

Matt Burke

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
Most likely I will be around during coho season, so will bring some missle launchers including any new designs along with some old hooknose flies I used to do well with.

Make sure someone grabs Dennis Worley, Leland the popper man, Les Johnson, maybe we'll even get Harry Lemire who is into the saltchuck from shore as well.

Sounds like a real blast...

Let me also suggest Westport in early fall... oh man what a silver fest that place can be at times and giant kings too. Once the shore access if figured out and on the right tides the fish are piling in from the ocean and hitting everything in sight as they head to sweetwater.

Start at Puget Sound, then ferry over to the Elwha delta, then to La Push, down to Westport, Ilwaco, then either head home to take some choice spots on the upper Oregon coast before heading home up I-5.

What a classic hardcore clave that would be eh?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts