Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Swap is full, but I found 4 more 'Doctor' patterns, so if anyone else wants to join then I can tack you on with one of those, otherwise we're set to run.

Since there's been quite a few folks lately tying doctors I wondered if anyone is interested in swapping flies.
I propose a somewhat new format, similar to the Gardner swap from earlier this year.

Each person ties one fly, and swaps directly with their swap partner - no central swap meister, just you and your honor to reciprocate with your swap partner.
Swap partners will be assigned by random number generator.

Specific doctor pattern will be by sign up - Varieties listed below, you get the next one on the list.
Can be tied in hand, in vise, with your eyes closed or with boxing gloves on if you wish. The aim is to present the different doctor patterns.

There are quite a few different doctor patterns available, as listed below

If patterns are required I can provide them

Patterns:
1. Grey Doctor - S fontinalis
2. White Doctor - Marty
3. Golden Doctor - allen s
4. Red Doctor - bwana bill
5. Green Doctor - aaronostoj
6. Blue Doctor - canecaster
7. The Doctor - Beauly
8. Helmsdale Doctor - Alchemist
9. Black Doctor - BC bound
10. Doctor Donaldson - RLM
11. Yellow Doctor - brookie
12.Doctor Leonard - chief jay
13. Silver Doctor - chuckarhun99

Random swap partners, courtesty of random.org
If anyone takes the silver doctor at 13, i'll tie another Gray Doctor and swap with them too.

10 9
7 2
3 4
8 11
12 6
1 5
13 1

There you have it folks....sign up and tie your fly. Based on the numbers above you can contact your swap partner directly for addresses etc.

In the event of an un even number of sign ups i'll tie two flies and swap with two folks.
You will be responsible for sending your fly directly to your swap partner and ensuring sufficient postage costs are covered to get your fly in return. International swappers are most welcome.

I propose flies be tied and in the mail by January 31.
Feel free to post a picture of your fly when you tie it.

Eunan

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
i would like to but give me a couple days to see if i can get something im happy with, been in a bit of a funk lately so I will give an update to put me on the list or not..
-josh

·
Registered
895 Posts
I just have to bump this one to the top!

And Josh, there's nothing like a bit of a challenge to get the skills flowing! I'm sure Eunan would bend his rules a bit if there's a certain pattern you'd like to tie.

-Bill

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Are Hairwing Variations accepted

If so I am in

·
Registered
2,694 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
I'm in too, Sign me up for the next in line...the Blue Doctor please.

Cheers.
James

·
Spey Fool
91 Posts
Is there a Doctor in the house?

Anyone have a pattern for "The Doctor?" I've looked in all sorts of books and come up blank. I might be in for this - under the "boxing gloves" section - if I know what I'm tying.

Do the flies have to be strictly to the pattern or are subs, slight variations allowed?

Tim

·
Registered
895 Posts
Anyone have a pattern for "The Doctor?" I've looked in all sorts of books and come up blank. I might be in for this - under the "boxing gloves" section - if I know what I'm tying.

Do the flies have to be strictly to the pattern or are subs, slight variations allowed?

Tim
I was curious about that one too, Tim. My resources are somewhat limited, but I came up with nothing, as well.

And, I'll probably be joining you in the "boxing gloves" section. These flies are not easy to tie, but I'm always drawn to them, so I have to give it a go!

-Bill

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Tim
I have the pattern for 'The Doctor'. Though if that was what was keeping you on the fence, Silver Doctor just became available.

Eunan

1 - 20 of 63 Posts