Spey Pages banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Playing around with some more little trout flies, just getting a bit more involved. Kind of a mixed-wing Jin inspired kind of thing.

Some obvious flaws, but I'm still working out the kinks and cramps in the fingers!

Probably should have cleaned my nails before taking the photo too! :hihi:

Thanks,

-Bill

·
fly fisher 'til it's over
1,165 Posts
You've a very intuitive touch with that bug. There's nothing I don't like about it.

Cast, mend, then hang on!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I think there is much more to this than just trout, this is a summer steely killer!! Please keep your in hand progress coming, I for one and am enjoying the show!

·
Administrator
19,233 Posts
Bill , you did it again :smokin:
This is fit for trout , steelhead and salar , well done lad !!
This fly gets me all warm inside thinking of clear flows and bright sunny , warm days of chasing late spring steelhead .
Thanks for sharing :)

Mike

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Bill.......looks like this fly catch everything in water...for sure your your home water trout but some steelhead like this kind colors,size !!!!!
Very nice tied Bill.....keep it up good works !!

Jin

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all for the comments, my friends!

All my tying is very much influenced by what I've seen here, for Steelhead and Salmon alike, so it's only natural for my little trouters to take on the same feeling.

Then again, a lot of the traditional wet attractor patterns for trout have the same kind of groove to them. Some of my favorites to tie!

Recipe as requested:

Tip, tag- small silver, orange floss
Tail, butt- GP crest, peacock herl
Body- golden stone dubbing with small gold rib
Throat- grizzly with brown partridge tied slightly shorter
Wing- BM over rolled yellow and olive dyed teal, over GP tippet in strands, all brushed out after
Horns- yellow-blue macaw

Thanks again,

-Bill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts