Spey Pages banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came back from fishing the river this weekend and noticed that a couple of downspouts at the house were clogged up and my gutters were starting to overflow. I cleaned out the gutters and noticed that higher gutters on the two story were clogged too.

I was about to climb on the roof but noticed how slippery the shake was. There was a little moss on it as well. After thinking about it, I got off the ladder, put on my studed Simms boots on and climbed back onto the roof. I checked to make sure the studs didn't damage the shake, then walked up to the upper part of the roof and cleaned out the gutters. This worked great and I got the job completed!!

Yup, More than one use for them boots :hehe:

-Doug

·
d'PhlightlessPhlyPhisher
23 Posts
and...

Those slick fiberglass boat decks are no match for the gripping power of a good pair of cleats...:hehe:

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
Doug -

I had shake on my King Cty (WA) home and putting up the Xmas lights was always a challenge what with all that Seattle sunshine growing green stuff on the natural wood shingles. Like you I donned my Danners (with studs) and poked little holes into the cedar to get the lights up without killing myself.

My kids had a racoon stuffed animal I took up there with me when the neighbors were gathered around looking at a racoon on the neighbor's roof. I flung the stuffed racoon into the crowd and you should have seen the screaming riot that ensued! They all went home to change their underwear. They still remember that little trick, almost 10 years later.

Dana and Kush laughed at me when I said I was fine with just my carbide cleated felt soles on the Thompson. I got about 5 feet onto the rocks and started groveling around until I found a stick chewed clean by a beaver just to keep from falling on my face! Kush still has that stick at the Martini bar. Folding wading staff and pull-over cleats for me ever since!

Pete, man you aren't kidding, they sure chew up a deck. Unwritten rule to not wear cleats on your buddy's driftboat. I've had to hang my legs off the side of a friend's inflatable raft all day before. Ooops!

Wishin' I were winter run fishin'

Juro

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Good call on the use of studded wading boots.

I always used an old set of golf shoes for the same reason. But, as someone noted above, perhaps "stream cleats" with their alum. bar bottoms may be a better (damage wise) choice.
fae

PS: Doug, did you leave a blue towel up here with Joan and I one one of your trips north? Have an "extra" and we can't account for in the cupboard.

And how's the drift boat working out for you and Bill?
fae/jee

·
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My only "good" towel

I was wondering where my only good towel went :eyecrazy:
Actually I am trying to start a new trend at the Evans B & B. You see, now takes a bottle of single malt and a towel to keep the place running!:D

No worries Fred, You can add it to your collection or I can use the next time I come up! (hint, hint, wink, wink)

As far as the driftboat goes, I know Bill has taken it out several times now and is really enjoying it. You should see it now Fred, clean as whistle and all fixed up. Bill has been catching fish like mad in the thing. Bill gives the "Fred Evans" salute every time he launches it in the river.

-Doug

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Very cool on all of the above.

Joan and I will keep your pillow fluffy, the towel on the bar ... and then we'll 'open the bar' when you get here next.
:devil:

·
Registered
439 Posts
The Fred Evans Salute

Doug, What kind of salute is the "Fred Evans"? Is that counting to one via the middle finger? Hehe.
Leroy............................

·
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow !!

Willie, That is an amazing picture. Can't you just see two or three guys on the river ( in Fred's old Driftboat) giving this kind of Salute.

Of couse this would be a tribute to Fred!! :devil:

Naw, Everybody loves Fred!!

-Doug

1 - 10 of 10 Posts