Spey Pages banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thats how it looked out the window today...
Cannot even see the river...
Filling up the box with some of the patterns that have done well for me.
This one moves really nice in the water, the more it gets chewed up, the better it gets. Love to use predator wrap for that reason.

Attachments

·
Registered
396 Posts
Jim,
Usually we don't post pictures of fish we foul hook:)!! Really nice tie like all of your work and they catch fish, too!

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Jin!!!
Doing well, and hope you and your family too. We gotta get out together this spring for steel!
Jim

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tim, Here is the recipe:

Guinea feather,
Lady Amherst,
Body is Copper Polar Chenille,
Collar is a dubbing loop of Olive Predator Wrap, Olive Polar Bear, Salar Synthetic Copper Dubbing.
Gold and Copper Flashabou,
UV schlappen,
Jungle Cock

I am getting asked on tying procedure for these patterns. If I can get my camera to work I will do a tie sequence in the near future.
Jim

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jin,
I am not very good with camera's, just using my small waterproof camera that I take fishing with me.
I will try to do something in the next week.
I would love to see a sequence of your flies too!
Jim

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Jin,
I am not very good with camera's, just using my small waterproof camera that I take fishing with me.
I will try to do something in the next week.
I would love to see a sequence of your flies too!
Jim
Jim....I'm using same like yours (waterproof )...some time I took a lot of shot...I mean 1 fly for over 40 or 5o shots.....this day I using small size tripod....it's saving lot of time.....anyway I'll post some old fly(2014) !!!

Jin

·
Registered
177 Posts
Really nice work. I bet it does look killer in the water..one question is the long fiber with the black segments the predator wrap? Really like the color combos too...

Thx Klint

·
fly fisher 'til it's over
1,165 Posts
That's crazy man!

I tied these on a whim last year, and they produced very well.

With a little orange, they could be related! Great minds........well, not in my case. Just dumb luck!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts