Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past 4 yr. I've been using Monic running line and really like the fact that it has zero stretch. Can feel everything going on at the end of the line. I see many are singing the praises of the OPST running line. My question is how does it compare to Monic? And if you consider it better then please explain how so. Rob

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,499 Posts
Rob,

Liked Monic as well and fished it for a number of years until it just wore out. I've been fishing the 50# Lazer since early Fall and really like it. It is not as supple as your Monic and it has some stretch so don't think you havequite as good of feel. It is also thinner and so you need to take precautions against it slipping through your fingers before you want it to. It tangles less though and shoots considerably farther at least for me. It also has less stick so with the Monic I never had more than three strips in the water when casting. The Lazer handles 4 and even 5 strips without problem. Only fished the Lazer on a couple of warm days but it shows no signs of getting sticky like my Monic did in hot weather.

I'm really liking the Lazer but for traditional shooting line, the Monic is good stuff.

Sinktip

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
Get Sawada mono flat beam. It is very inexpensive to get it form Japan, including shipping. Specially with $ being stronger.

Guideline Compline is repackaged Sawada, albeit at much , much higher price.......

For ca. $ 24 USD you will get one package containing 2 x 50 m ( 55yards) and shipping is $ 11.

For $ 20 shipping ( 1 lb) fee you can get many spools( 10 or so) of running line.

Get either 50 or 35 lb ( yellow one ) . Although it is marked as an intermediate, in a typical current it does not really sink.

kensawada.com/w/list.php?lcat=30&mcat=410&l=e

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,499 Posts
Sazan, the guy asked about OPST not Sawada. Every post is not a reason to pitch your favs :tsk_tsk:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts