Spey Pages banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This little guy popped up. Window 7 computer.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Sounds like your ready for a good ad-blocker program.

Several out there that are free and work a treat.

·
Administrator
800 Posts
Thank you for letting us know about the issue. Were you logged into the forum when you see the in text ad? Members of the forum should not any in text ads on the site while their logged into the site. If you did see it while logged into the site I would suggest doing a scan of your computer as their might be something on it causing in text ads.

~ Danniella

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep I was logged in. I have Kaspersky and Malwarebytes run daily scans. Nothing found. Auslogics runs three times a week to keep things clean.

·
Administrator
800 Posts
Hi,

Next time you see this, can you please grab the URL for it and send it our way so we can get it blocked from the site. This way, no one else will be bothered by that particular ad.

Cheers,
Sheena

·
Administrator
800 Posts
Hello :)

Thanks for posting the screen shot, I've been looking for a full screen capture. Going to send this to the techs!

Lee

·
Administrator
800 Posts
Can you please try performing some google searches and visiting some websites not belonging to verticalscope? Does any kind of popup happen when you do?

Lee

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They're baaack!

Everything was fine since last week. Now I'm getting the same message from Kaspserky again. Seems you have another Trojan virus hanging out in the ads.

Frustrated. SP is the only site I visit with this issue.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sent via pm

·
Registered
41 Posts
Consult with your IT guy before you do this

You need to clear out your computer temp browser files. Hit the explorer-wheel on the top right, go to internet options, delete browsing history, hit ok (wait for the notice that its complete). Hit the explorer-wheel on the top right again, go to settings, click "view files", delete all files.

Then go to your start button, type in "appdata" go to appdata folder and click on "local" then "temp" folder delete all files and folders in appdata-local-temp file (you will get a message that some can't be deleted, just "ok" those). Now you have completed what anti virus programs do to delete viruses.

You should do this exercise if you do extensive browsing and just before you shut down your computer. Otherwise a virus can by-pass your virus protection when you restart your computer. Or just buy an Apple iMac and use Safari (LOL).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts