Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got a copy of Henrik Mortensen's DVD The Perfect Cast and can highly recommend it for anyone interested in learning the Underhand cast. Plus there's a whole lot of interesting stuff about salmon fishing in Iceland too. I'll be doing a longer review over the summer along with a few of the other new Spey videos (Hogan's, Hazel's).

·
Registered
212 Posts
Mortensens video

:( I ordered my Mortensen DVD from a well-advertised fishing club in Iceland nearly two months ago. First one arrived and wouldn't work--found out they had sent me the "European" version. Sent it back a month ago and still don't have the DVD. Caveat emptor!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Fortunately my patience and that of August at the Aix 'la Salmon Club in Iceland held out and, just today, after 6 weeks of frustration, I received my DVD of Mortensen's "Perfect Cast". Beautifully done. I have little actual fishing experience compared to most of you, but I do read most everything I can get my hands on(and my wife and I did spend last weekend in an Atlanta Holiday Inn)-- to give you a sense of this reviewer's expertise. Mortensen does not spend nearly the time Derek Brown, or Simon Gawesworthy does on the mechanics of the various casts. Therefore, for the beginner, the Brown/Gawesworthy videos would be better as initial teachers. However, if one is advanced beyond the basics, and paying attention, because Mortensen is a little sparse sometimes on detail, there are many pearls on technique offered. Where the video is head and shoulders above anything I have seen todate, you will see a LOT of footage on how to fight really big, fresh, Atlantic salmon. Some of his ideas I had read of before, but many others I had never heard before, or were a little at odds from conventional wisdom on how to fight big fish. This man, however, has caught over 2300(!) Atlantic salmon, so guess he deserves our attention. The wonderful scenery, nice music, and Mortensen's pleasant personality make for a very enjoyable and informative 60+ minutes of viewing. My US$0.02---and no one really asked for it!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mortensen's video

Dana or Clyde:
I'd be very interested in obtaining this video/DVD.
Is there any way of ensuring that one does, in fact, receive the copy that is a) in English and b) that is compatible with our TV equipment in Canada?
Did you order it through the website that Clyde mentions in Clyde's last post?
TIA
Tom.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Tom--- August Agust was my contact and his e-mail address is : [email protected] lax-a.is
Mention that you want the US compatible version---and if you mention my name I am SURE he will know what you want! It is a tad expensive at about US$ 60., but it is becoming one of my favorite fishing video/DVDs. Good viewing! Clyde

1 - 7 of 7 Posts