Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
John

Book prices you see on those sites are speculative, at best.

While there is limited supply of the books, most of them are priced out of the realms of the common angler/flytyer. Thus, I wouldnt guage the 'value' of the book based on those prices. Supply is limited, but at those prices, demand is also much more limited. I think you'll find if you monitor the price of a specific book over a period of months, you'll see the same book, from the same seller, time an time again. I.E. the books dont sell, because, well, they're grossly overpriced.

·
Registered
72 Posts
John

Book prices you see on those sites are speculative, at best.

While there is limited supply of the books, most of them are priced out of the realms of the common angler/flytyer. Thus, I wouldnt guage the 'value' of the book based on those prices. Supply is limited, but at those prices, demand is also much more limited. I think you'll find if you monitor the price of a specific book over a period of months, you'll see the same book, from the same seller, time an time again. I.E. the books dont sell, because, well, they're grossly overpriced.
Everything you ever needed to know about economics you just learned on Spey Pages....

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Having a Master's Degree in Econ, that made me laugh.

Everything you ever needed to know about economics you just learned on Spey Pages....
I don't even think about the cheque I'm going to write/send off any more. Found a Postie Notice on my front porch a few minutes ago, packet from England, I will have to go to our small Post office, sign the receipt.

Okie Dokie, tomorrow morning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts