Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
That Guy in PEI.....
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening lads.
Yesterday was opening day here on PEI and along with came about four extra feet of river!! Total spate conditions,,,high, dirty and fast. Bank fishing only! My tackle was my brand new 12'6" Diamonback for a 9wt line. A cortland 444SL salmon/steelhead 425gr tip on a 4' wide-drum Pridex and an arsenal of 2/0 Carrie Stevens Streamers. Also a big thanks to SMOLT for the Patagonia "Deep" jacket as the rain never stopped all day. My first and only fish of the day came on a 2/0Mickey Finn and was a grilse of about 4lb's. My first fish on a spey rod!!!! Just wanted to share my excitement with those who can appreciate. Many of you are to be thanked as i have absorbed hints and help from alot of you through this site. Single and the odd double-spey were all i used with the odd attempt(attempt only as none worked) at a snake roll. my first day at this went well, both eyes are accounted for, no blood was let, rod is still a 3pc,,, one fish hooked and released,,,A SUCCESS!!
Boys,,, Iam hooked!! I have just started down a long road to become competent at this two handed thing,,,,but man,,,,what a long FUN road it's gonna be. Count me in lads,,,,,count me in.
Salmon Chaser
aka Dwayne
><)))*>

·
Steelhead are cool!
572 Posts
Congratulations! Now get out the checkbook because as you said you are hooked. You will now want this rod and that reel and this line. Have fun!

Kevin

·
Registered
693 Posts
Salmon Chaser,

Thats fantastic! Hows the progress in getting your son into it? Did you decide to get him one yet or are you going to keep him using the single handed rod for a bit longer?

Charlie.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts