Spey Pages banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Your new site will be going live soon! We are almost at the starting line and are really excited for you to experience the new community platform.

When the migration starts shortly, the site will be put into maintenance read-only mode while the migration is underway until completion. We will post when the process is complete and the site is live. We look forward to your feedback and first impressions in the “Moderator Feedback: We Are Live!” post.

You and the members will have dedicated support to help you transition to the new format.

I will be here to answer your questions and help you every step of the way. :)

- Cricket

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Gary must be our age I hate it too

Admin, are we certain we will not loose the valuable Archived content???????

Reactions: gt05254

·
Premium Member
3,382 Posts
I don't even know what "going live" means on a forum like this. Any chance it could be explained to a 70 year old with 2,825 posts here? Just wondering.
Thanks,
Gary
I think it just means the new version of the site will become available to everyone. They haven’t said if there will be a certain period where we may be allowed to switch between old and new, or if it will be cold turkey. “Going live” tends to distinguish having the software working on a controlled or “test” basis, and finally exposing it to the stresses of having real, open traffic. The developers and site managers expect bugs to get get discovered in this period, and to be ready to deal with them fast, so it is probably more of an important milestone for them than us.

I think the archives are the archives - the site software just controls how users interact with and otherwise display the data. Hopefully starting with the new software we may have more options than before, like more picture options and controls, etc.

·
fly fisher 'til it's over
1,119 Posts
I think it just means the new version of the site will become available to everyone.
To take this further, I thought this forum was available to everyone NOW. All you have to do is sign up if you want to participate, but if you just want to look at posts, you need not sign up.

Another 70 year old dinosaur

Reactions: gt05254

·
Premium Member
3,382 Posts
To take this further, I thought this forum was available to everyone NOW. All you have to do is sign up if you want to participate, but if you just want to look at posts, you need not sign up.

Another 70 year old dinosaur
I guess just wait and see what the new site software is like. I’m as skeptical as the next person when people tell me that I need something I didn’t know I needed, but every once and a while they are right. But I’m sure %95 of what goes on here could probably work on a BBS server from the 80’s. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.