Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Spey Clave Sponsor, Scott at Anglers West in Vancouver asked me if I would post some info re their upcoming Spey Clave.

It will be Sunday, March 6, 2005 from 10:00 AM until 5:00 PM at Peg Leg Bar near Chilliwack on the Fraser. The Spey Clave's Dana Sturn will be doing some demos, as will I, along with a number of other Pro Staffers. The real draw however, will be the chance to play with a whole range of rods and lines from a number of manufacturers.

Anglers West will have a BBQ set up and will provide hot dogs, burgers, pop and water by donation. It will be a fun day and I do believe the first "Spey Clave" north of the border!

To recieve more information go to www.anglerswest.net/site/Anglers_West.html

·
Jolly Buddha
504 Posts
Kush or Dana

Can you give your southern friends a little help about getting there?

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brian,

Go to the sponsors section at the top of the page and click on Anglers West. Wait a sec and a pop-up will show with a map. That wll get you in from Chilliwack.

Take the Sumas border crossing and head right onto the Freeway. Keep going until you cross the Vedder Canal. Keep going until you get to the Vedder Crossing/Cottonwood mall exit (I don't know its proper name) it is the one with the Husky gas Station.

Turn left at the top of the exit ramp and go over top of the freeway heading into Chilliwack. The map will take you from there.

See you there!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Pegleg

Brian Pegleg is not the easiest place to find,send me an email and I will send you detailed directions or we can meet somewhere in Chilliwack and convoy to Pegleg as we did iearlier this year.
[email protected]

Ian

·
Registered
618 Posts
spey clave

Hi guys,
thought i was going to make it, i was really looking forward to meeting you all, got some new Clan Rods, i am taking over.
But not coming over til the 10th of march, o.......####,
thats another thing i've missed, spey o rama being the other, who said working on the spey was a good job.
I wanted to see what you guys, thought of the Grant Switch cast, none of my ghillie mates had ever seen it before.
Gordon (a hacked off speyghillie) :(

·
Registered
396 Posts
First Clave North of the border

Just a gentle reminder that the Eastern Spey clave was held on the Grand River, in Ontario, in October of 2003 with Way Yin, Steve Choate, Andy Murray, Juro Makai and Simon Gawesworth in attendance. Not to mention other GREATS and a piper!! :cool: AND, another is planned for Sept 24/25, 05 :Eyecrazy:More info on the way soon

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
coming in from the west (Vancouver), the exit you want is 119B, the Cottonwood Mall exit at Chilliwack. Go north over the overpass and then follow the online maps above.

I'm kicking things off tomorrow with a demo @ 10 am. I'll be the guy with the yellow rod...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks!

A big thanks to Dana, Kush, the folks at Anglers West and everyone else for a great outing! Lots of fun and very informative. Brian, I think you have a buyer for that Skagit line if you ever want to get rid of it :p

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Thanks Anglers West!

The Anglers West Spey Clave was a first class event. Scott, Aaron and the staff at AW did a great job hosting. Location and weather couldn't have been better. At one point I counted over 70 people, and I think it is safe to say that with the folks who came and went over the course of the day there were close to 100 people in attendance.

·
Jolly Buddha
504 Posts
People casting (1st pic)

Then it was time for the demos, look what happen when Kush was going to show everone the "Skagit Cast" Everyone came to watch! (2nd pic) (Sorry Kush wrong pic in first go round got home to late, I took the scene route home just like we did from the river)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts