Spey Pages banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two for sale:

1. Gary Anderson ACR Nova 2 4113-4 trout spey. 11'3" 4 weight. Like new. $375

2. Gary Anderson ACR Nova 2108-4 trout spey. 10'8" 2 weight. Excellent used condition $350

Price includes shipping to CONUS. Canada shipping will be at actual cost. I can provide photos on request. I'll try to add some here this weekend.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anderson 2 WT 10'6" spey

Hi
Is this a switch rod or a single hand fly rod?
If it is a switch rod , I would be interest in this rod
If it is a switch, Is it still available?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@kaneohe

I received your PM, but for som reason the system won't let me respond to it. You had asked about the uses to these rods, here is my response:

I live in the driftless area of MN/WI. For trout, the 2 weight is my favorite. It's roughly the equivalent of a 4-5 weight single hand rod. With a small skagit head, you can throw streamers (larger stuff than a 4-5 weight single hand can handle) or a nymph/bobber rig, you can tightline nymph with it and you can line it up with a scandi head and swing wets is even fish dry flies. Can handle the rare 18+ inch fish, but when you hook an 8 inch trout, you can still feel a bend in the rod. Tons of fun. When I fish warm water for smallies, a 4 or 5 weight is a better fit. Better for bigger streamers, poppers, etc. roughly the equivalent of a 7-8 weight single hand.

If I fished for rainbows in AK, I'd fish the 4 weight for trout all the time. Here where the average fish is 10-12in, the 2 weight is the way to go. Hope that helps.

Here's a couple pics, the 4 weight is on the far right, 2 weight is second from the right.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts