Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Great Tie will look for your initial. I do see your tip pf the hook seems vey blunt though the rest is good

·
Administrator
18,322 Posts
Very neat tying and nice sense of creativity - good contrast in the body :)
I must mention your wing set, just so you know, but not that it matters to the fish - they will split on the swing.
Try to have your wing set on the top of the shank. Tying on the side of the head pointed up as shown will promote the split.
The Murdoch wing set found on V-strip wing flies is a little different for side placement. It utilizes the top 3/4 quadrant of the shank and is limited to 4-5 quill fibers max, very thin that stays intact.

Mike

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very neat tying and nice sense of creativity - good contrast in the body :)
I must mention your wing set, just so you know, but not that it matters to the fish - they will split on the swing.
Try to have your wing set on the top of the shank. Tying on the side of the head pointed up as shown will promote the split.
The Murdoch wing set found on V-strip wing flies is a little different for side placement. It utilizes the top 3/4 quadrant of the shank and is limited to 4-5 quill fibers max, very thin that stays intact.

Mike
Thank you very much for the advice. The reason I place the wings as they are is that I’m using Canada goose wing, there is a lot of curvature in that material, so if they where set on top they would cross each other at the back of the fly. I really appreciate the advise because I am pretty new to Spey flies and I’m hungry to learn as much as possible
Jan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts