Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!
I have severe allergies to Rabbit and would like to know if anyony has knowlege of a source of mink or other suitable alternatives for leech patterns.
Thanks

·
swing'n Lemmings
206 Posts
fox and mink

artic fox strips work well for leaches some of the sponsors should be able to get it for you. if not mink is also good.
Good luck
Rambo

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
Artic fox would be a great alternative to rabbit for you. It has nice long guard hairs that are soft and pliable with good long underfur too boot. As Rambo mentioned, send an email to some of the sponsors, I know some of them carry it.

·
Member FRSCA
2,264 Posts
Look in the taxdermy section on ebay, there are skins from every critter known to man, and a few more. Buy some loose razors, duct tape them togther with cardboard spacers in between. Tack the skin to the wall, and run the blades down the skin. PRESTO, zonkers.

Also, I got a ton of mink zonkers in close out in the cabelas bargain barn.

·
Mr. Mom
625 Posts
Uncle Craig said:
Many thanks Rambo and Flytyer. Almost went to the ER last night. I will try and find some Arctic Fox.

Tight Lines
He doesn't have it as severly as you, but I once saw Jack Dennis sit down to a tying demo when he forgot to take his allergy medicine. It was literally a matter of 3 minutes and he was reacting to the rabbit...

·
swing'n Lemmings
206 Posts
epi

You may also want to start carrying a epi pen in your tying kit.
watch our with your dubbing as well.
Rambo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts