Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Spey Rodders,

I'm planning a trip to Terrace BC, Sept '16.

Which Lodges in the Skeena Watershed have the best "Rod Allocation" to fish Classified, Class 1 and Class 2 rivers . . . especially for dry fly?

Any details you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
ziggy

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Nicholas Dean has the most days on the Copper 1 I believe, and nearly the most on Copper II. Haven't seen an updated days list in a few years, but don't think many new days added into the mix lately

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi Spey Rodders,

I'm planning a trip to Terrace BC, Sept '16.

Which Lodges in the Skeena Watershed have the best "Rod Allocation" to fish Classified, Class 1 and Class 2 rivers . . . especially for dry fly?

Any details you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
ziggy
Skeena Wilderness Fishing Charters and Walley at Boundary Spey also have rod days on the Zymoetz, in addition to Nicholas Dean.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
You're best to directly contact each lodge and directly ask them how many rod days they have and if YOU will be allocated any. It's one thing that a lodge has a lot of rod days, it's another that they intend to give YOU some.

I know licenses have been shifted around recently with the opening of Skeena 4 and the numerous changes of ownership among the lodges. Zspey lodge sold off their Copper, Kalum and Skeena rod days a couple of years ago and now a bunch of new outfits have them. Check with the various lodges.

I personally have only fished with Skeena River Lodge (Jeroen Wohe) for the past 3 years and I know for a fact that Jeroen has loans larger than most small countries in order to acquire Skeena 2, 4, Copper and Kalum rod days. The latter two rivers acquired from ZSpey Lodge. That said, I'm pretty sure he's fully booked.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
He definitely has the widest variety of river rod days. He's the oldest establishment and was able to get some exclusive rivers.

You should check with Stan at www.bc-steelhead.com. He has a greatly varied package of rod days. The Copper gets mighty crowded in September and Stan has some other options with less competition.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts