Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Patrick Clearey
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm am planning to fish Alaska in 2020 for the first, and probably only time. An old Navy buddy or two will probably join me. We're in our 60's and do an adventure or two each year, been doing it for 40 some years. We always Striper fish Cape Cod each Spring and our last adventure was south east Utah.

I am seeking info on a "reasonably priced" guide service on a good River. Understand that August is the right time frame for Silvers or even early September depending on River. Don't need the frills, just a chance to whomp on some Silvers with the Spey rod.
Defiantly want a wilderness experience as well. No combat fishing. I can get that at home.
Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks Guys

Pat Clearey

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
What section of Alaska are you planning to fish? I have spent 25 years vacation fishing out of Wrangell in Southeast Alaska and can make a local recommendation for a guide if that is where you are thinking of going. The second picture is a silver my buddy caught on the Italio River near Yakutat, north of Juneau. Flies should have a large profile and plenty of flash. Black/blue or Pink always produce. Wherever you go, it will be a great trip I am sure!

Attachments

·
Registered
367 Posts
I would get hold Hardyreels on here, his name is Ard, and has an outfit that might be just what your looking for.
Buddy and I fished with Ard in 2016, had pretty similar wish list to yours.

The water conditions and overall weather pattern messed up our initial plans, but Ard was able to call an audible and got us into fish for the whole week. Highly recommend his service, hope to fish with him again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts