Spey Pages banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I realize this is SPEYpages but I'm hoping an exception can be made and a few questions can be fielded so thanks for your patience. My wife and I are driving to AK from Idaho this May 8, taking the direct route (4 days). We will be in AK 10 days helping my parents get ready to move to Livingston. We might be towing a sled back but regardless plan on taking 10-12 days between Delta Jct., AK through to Banff area via the Cassiar, then on to Montana.

We might have a sled, will have 1 watermaster, and 2 inflatable paddleboards. We're looking for a couple places to stay for a couple days at a time and fish for trout (she's a newb, I've been doing this since i was 6 but still a newb ;))

I'm looking for any kind of advice on sweet places to stop between the border AK down the Cassiar and then over to Banff area. We want to camp for a day or two, and hook into a trout or two from some kind of a boat (which we'll have), and have a gorgeous view during the evening while sipping beers with our lab. It DOES NOT have to be a campground as we sleep on cots in the back of my tundra.

I'm already considering

#1 Boya Lake Provincial Park on the Cassiar

#2 Rainbow Alley

#3 Somewhere near Terrace on the Copper where I proposed to her two years ago

Any tips or suggestions very much appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
akor87, I found your post really interesting and informative. I have no idea about this region because I never went there before my life. But after visiting this thread I have plan to go there once in my life. In these days I am enjoying my bus tours niagara falls after completing these trip I will definitely go there with my friends.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts