Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Skeena in the fall
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 680 gr floating Delta II and it began to sink while practice casting. I sent it to Airflo USA and they replaced it. Now the replacement line is sinking. Has anyone else experienced this?

·
''Speydo-masochist''
1,265 Posts
A rather obvious question (so apologies if it seems unusually stupid) but are you fishing a smooth glide or fast broken water?

The later seems able to sink & submerge all sorts of full floaters once one of the boils/ undertows takes a section down, the incremental drag soon pulls the rest under.

If it's a smooth glide with an unbroken surface then yes, the line is a duff one.

Regards, Tyke.

·
Premium Member
3,572 Posts
Two other questions are “what do you have on the front end of the line?” and “which part of the line is sinking, the front, back or both?”

·
The Skeena in the fall
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I am practice casting on the Fraser River in Vancouver which is tidal and has little current.
There is a 15 ' leader on the front of the line and it's sinking throughout it's length
I've attached a couple of pictures.
The Fraser is in freshet so is quite coloured and a bit brackish.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I fish these lines all the time. It’s hard to tell from your photos just how much they are sinking. Rapids, water undertow, or mixed currents can affect the line and pull it under - especially the front of the line which has a more fine taper.

Your photos make it look like some sections are floating and some are sinking throughout a short length of the line. This does not seem normal. However, considering my long history of using quality Airflo products, it’s hard to believe their replacement line would be damaged, too.
I would call Airflo to discuss. Try a different piece of water, too, if you haven’t already. Good luck!

·
The Skeena in the fall
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I fish these lines all the time. It’s hard to tell from your photos just how much they are sinking. Rapids, water undertow, or mixed currents can affect the line and pull it under - especially the front of the line which has a more fine taper.

Your photos make it look like some sections are floating and some are sinking throughout a short length of the line. This does not seem normal. However, considering my long history of using quality Airflo products, it’s hard to believe their replacement line would be damaged, too.
I would call Airflo to discuss. Try a different piece of water, too, if you haven’t already. Good luck!
Thanks for your comment.
I’ve emailed James Lemon at Airflo in Vancouver WA. with more pictures.
I should hear back next week

1 - 6 of 6 Posts