Spey Pages banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today Speyladdie and I spent from 9:00am till 4:00pm casting the new Airflo Skagit lines, they are awesome. We lined up the G.Loomis Dredgers and even one of the old GLX 9/10 14ft. (a faster action rod) These lines were awesome on all the rods we try'd (did I mention awesome?). We'll have these at the Salmon Clave this Staurday, look forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones.
Speyladdie & Rick Whorwood

·
BULL DOG!!!!
Gaelforce
1,913 Posts
Couldnt agree with you more Rick!

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
Whorwood said:
Today Speyladdie and I spent from 9:00am till 4:00pm casting the new Airflo Skagit lines, they are awesome
Man don't you guys work? :lildevl:

I look forward to giving you two a proper congratulations this weekend.

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
I also think the Airflo NW Two Hand skagit heads are rad! We will have some demos at the Clearwater clave as well.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Juro
I thought that was work, tomorrow I'm taking my 9 year old nephew fishing all day, now that's fun!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm going to fish the Airflo Skagit 6/7 on the Dedger 6/7 for river smallies.
Rick Whorwood

·
Speyladdie
429 Posts
Hey there,my little European buddie.
That was rather personell wasn't it. :tsk_tsk: Do we work?
Of coarse we work.In my case,two days a week.Sat and Sun.
A man has to have time to fish and play doesn't he. :razz: :razz: ;)
As Rick said,we were very impressed with the new Skagit lines today.
Also tried the Airflo proto type Euro Heads.They were hot also.More about those lines later.
I look forward to seeing every body this week end.I will be at the Manor late Wed. afternoon.
Also look forward to a little ball busting with my CND mate. :lildevl:
Regards Speyladdie :smokin:

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
What does one get in the purchase of an Airflo Skagit head?

Head and running line?

Cheaters?

Table of data: line rating: head length: head weight: running line length

Is the line looped?

I am a fan of Skagit lines and welcome Airflo's new products, especially if data is provided.

Re reports of good performance with various rods, it is helpful to name the exact line used with each rod.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi Paul
They come with the head, a 20ft of T-10 and wallet. You'll need a shooting line (50lb slick shooter is what I would suggest). Oh ya you supply the fun, and they are fun!!
Rick whorwood

·
The Frugal Flyfisher
107 Posts
Hey, Rick

Try looping the floating Airflo Non-Stretch Miracle Braid to the Airflo Skagit Head - now that is an awesome combination. Shoots like crazy, and handles way better than mono, IMHO. I'm going to have all four of the Airflo Skagit Heads (6/7, 7/8, 8/9, 9/10) at the Clearwater Spey Clave on Saturday, Sept. 24 (see all the info at the Red Shed website), looped to either Miracle Braid shooting line or Airflo Tactical running lines, to compare. I'll also have the new Airflo Scandinavian heads, paired up with the brand new Tim Rajeff designed Echo 2 Scandinavian two-tip two-hand rods (with two different actions per rod - very rad).

Don't you just love how those Airflo Skagit heads, with their Ed Ward Skagit Meister tapers, turn over without kick back? Sweet! A pleasure to cast and fly like rockets. Suck the most dense sinking heads, leaders and flies right up out of the water effortlessly. Gotta love 'em.

T.S.T.W.L.A.M.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts