Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had MJC from our sponsor http://redshedflyshop.com/ send me out the brand new running line from Airflo(another sponsor) called the polyshoot XT.

This line uses a braided dacron core unlike the rest of airflos line which is supposed to cut down on memory in cold conditions. The floating one I was using was 0.37" in diameter and rated at 25lb. It is 150' long. I had it out today and it shoots very well and isn't so thin I feel like a rats nest could develop at any minute.

Anyway, I still have not given it the sideways sleet on the skagit test but so far I am impressed. Will be looking forward to putting some on the Atlantis and trying to shoot the whole thing!

-sean

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
I also picked one up at the show. Isn't it nice of Tim Rajeff to give us something to "shoot" for in a 150' running line ;)

That's a scary thought... 30 ft shooting head, 150' running line... not sure if it can be done but it will be nice not to be in the backing when a fish hits at the end of a long cast.

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
I also picked one up at the show. Isn't it nice of Tim Rajeff to give us something to "shoot" for in a 150' running line ;)

That's a scary thought... 30 ft shooting head, 150' running line... not sure if it can be done but it will be nice not to be in the backing when a fish hits at the end of a long cast.

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
Juro,

Tim's brother Steve has cast a 50 foot shooting head with mono running line over 200 ft so it can be done. I don't know how many of us have the ability to do it. Though it would be fun to work on it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts