Spey Pages banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:

I'm looking to pickup a couple of AirFlo lines for 2 T&T rods, the 1409-3 and the 1510-3. I'm looking at the Delta Spey Multi-tip 8/9 wt. Delta Spey Long Multi-tip 9/10 wt. I've had a chance to briefly try out some of their non-Multi-tip versions and liked them, but they seemed lighter for their line weights than the Rio Mid-Spey and Windcutters that I'm use to. Does anyone have grain weights for AirFlo lines?

Any suggestions on AirFlo lines for the 1409-3 and 1510-3 is appreciated.

I also heard that AirFlo was having some problems with their loops for their multi-tip lines, but have fixed them. Anyone have any experience with connector problems?

Thanks,

B.

·
Registered
77 Posts
This is an interesting question: I recently was attempting to match lines for a 9 weight and discovered that the SA short spey 8/9 was 650 gr, the RIO w/c 9/10/11 was 660 gr, and to get the same load from the Carron Jetstream, I had to use a 9/10 (but the head was 65'). Therefore I concluded that one must cast a given rod and line before a purchases or have a recommendation from someone with a similar casting style that you trust. I purchased the Carron Jetstream even though it was twice the price.

·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts
Hey Begbie...

I've had a chance to briefly try out some of their non-Multi-tip versions and liked them,
I believe if you found the Airflo Delta/Delta Long floating versions to be to your liking you will find a happy relationship with the multi tip versions also.

Therefore I concluded that one must cast a given rod and line before a purchases
The above advice from LCS is right on the money. That being said if I were doing what your doing I think I would pick the same lines as you mention.

As to the loops there has in the past been some problems. I think it has been fixed and you will like the new version. Have fun!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses and sorry for any confusion, but I should have said that I have cast an AirFlo Delta, but not on the two T&T rods I mentioned. From a brief look at the line specs it looks like they are close or even greater than a line weight less than their Rio counterparts?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.