Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any tips using on the Airflo Intermiedate skagit. I,m looking forward to using this head.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Love It

I have it in 570 for my 8 weight. I dropped down one size 600-570 due to the shorter head with more concentrated weight. I love the way it swings, very slow and having the head buried keeps me from mending when not necessary...no visual clue. Just cast, set up mend, and let it swing.

You can go lighter on tips. I like it with 8ft of t14 or 10-12 ft T11.

DH

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ditto on going one size down on grain weight. This head works nice in runs with faster, choppy top water. Lifts can be trickier than a floating Skagit in slower water.

·
inglorious 2hander
1,048 Posts
Any tips using on the Airflo Intermiedate skagit. I,m looking forward to using this head.
Are you on michigan sportsman website by chance?

·
Registered
366 Posts
I have it in 570 for my 8 weight. I dropped down one size 600-570 due to the shorter head with more concentrated weight. I love the way it swings, very slow and having the head buried keeps me from mending when not necessary...no visual clue. Just cast, set up mend, and let it swing.

You can go lighter on tips. I like it with 8ft of t14 or 10-12 ft T11.

DH
Agree completely and use the 570 on my 8 wt. definitely slows things down and caught my biggest seatrout in Argentina on this line. 24lb and a great line as far as I am concerned

1 - 6 of 6 Posts