Spey Pages banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a hint on how to change the retrieve on one of these reels??

I can go down in the basement and start taking it apart, but if someone has a link or a few hints, it may save "re-inventing the reel", as it were.

Thanks,

Scott

·
Released to spawn
4,348 Posts
Which model...

of the Airflo Balance have you got, as there are several - the Balance, the CST, the Cassette style, and the STX?

Mike

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's the Balance 911w..Only type I have seen on this side of the pond, but I don't get out all that much. It's aluminum-colored.

Scott

·
Registered
127 Posts
9/11 balance

Mine says ambidextrous design on the box and the parts list pictures show left and right hand wind. I received a small allen wrench with mine but damned if I can find where it goes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
ramjet,If you look at the side of the reej with the drag adjustment nob you will see six small allen screws.At the top two screws hold the reel legs that are held by the reel seat. Opposite these two screws there are two holes on the other side of red airflo word, this is the new position for the legs.Take out the screws and move the legs to the new position When you have fitted legs in the new position turn the reel so that the winding nob is on the position you want, that should be it done ready to fit the line. if still not sure let me know. cheers len

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
>>>>When you have fitted legs in the new position turn the reel so that the winding nob is on the position you want, that should be it done ready to fit the line.<<<

This is the part that is still confusing me. I moved the reel seat with the two bolts easily.. Thanks.

The problem now is that when I bring line in, I am cranking against the drag, but line free-spools out--Does that make sense?? I am probably missing something basic.

Thanks again for your help!!

SCott

·
Registered
3 Posts
balance reel

Ramjet. You only got part of the reply. I see your problem. The instuctions dose not show or mention how to change the drag/free line directions. It might be done the same way as the okuma airframe, taht is remove the cover at the release leaver for removing the spool in the centre of the reel. Then push out the bearing in the spool reverse the bearing and push back in.
I would contact Airflo/Fistec for advice Incase you can't locate them here is their address BVG AIRFLO GROUP PLC, UNIT 6, INDUSTRIAL ESTATE,BRECON, POWYS, LD3 8LA. Phone No 0870 800 4900 If you want a pasts list pm me your address and I'll post you a copy Sorry I can't be of more assistance. len

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, Len!!

Actually, your help on how to change the foot got me looking at the reel a little closer and I figured it out.

There is a gear just behind the spool that had some extra holes on it. I had tried taking it off before, but tried a little harder and it came off. Flipped it over and that did the trick. Also got a PM from an Airflo rep giving me some hints. I figured it would be something I just overlooked. Another good reason to be a Speypages kinda guy...

Thanks again.

Scott

1 - 10 of 10 Posts