Spey Pages banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just ordered a TFO 10' 6wt. for switch casting in rivers and overheading at the beach. I found a decent deal on airflo's 40+ lines and am looking for advice on which line size(s) to get for it.

These lines are integrated shooting head style lines like Rio's Outbound.

Does anyone have experience with these lines? Will I need to go with a 7 wt. line to be able to spey cast with the outfit? will one size work for overhead and spey casts? Can anyone recomend the "Extreme" or the "Expert" version over the other?

The extreme has a ~35' head and the expert has a ~43' head. Both have very long front tapers "to delay turnover".

Thanks in advance,
Eric

·
Junkyard Spey
7,105 Posts
I have overhead cast the shorter version Extreme Distance 6wt quite a bit on an Echo 10'-6wt and found this line/rod combination to work very well.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply, I went ahead and ordered the 6wt, in a floater.

Meanwhile it has occured to me that maybe my 7/8/9 WC w/tips might work as well - if I take out the 15' extention that would make the head ~38' but I don't know how many grains. Oh well, thanks again,

Eric

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.