Spey Pages banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Meiser 11' 4" 5/6 Trout Spey just arrived today and I'm hoping I will be able to give it a workout tomorrow.

I've learned that there are few things harder in life than to wait for one of these beauties to arrive.

Here are a couple pictures I took a moment ago:

http://flashnet.to/pict1.jpg
http://flashnet.to/pict2.jpg

Bob is a true craftsman.

·
Steelhead are cool!
572 Posts
DLoop,

Are you going to print those in wallet size so you can take them everywhere?:hehe: Meiser rods are truly beutiful and fun to cast. Your new girlfriend is very pretty but kinda skinny.:chuckle: Have a good time giving her a workout this weekend.

Kevin

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, and my wife doesn't need to

And I'm counting on all of you to help keep this quiet.

She's a redhead, and I've learned many things on this message board, including the most important lesson from Fred: Redheads don't need to know what your exact rod count is. Things are just better if that sort of information is not discussed at home.

---
I was able to get out on the Yak and christen the rod today.

http://flashnet.to/firstonmeis.jpg

:)

DLoop - Taking Redhead 101 Lessons from Fred

·
Steelhead are cool!
572 Posts
DLoop,

Is that a mach I line on your rod? I tried the
9/10 on my 1308 custom and really liked it.
I know this is off the subject of your rod but
how does the mach I compare to the SA shorthead.

Kevin

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Kevin,

Yes it is the Hardy 8/9. I really like it too but I haven't tried any of the SA short heads so I'm not sure how they compare.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Wow !!!

Dave etal.....

What a pleasant read on the Forum first thing on a Sunday morning.

Thanks so much...

And Dave....The photo's are beauty.

As far as I know, you hold the record for documenting the quickest turn around time of line-ing up a newly built rod, and putting a fish on it.

Good on ya guy !!!

Also....In the "Married to a Redhead" catagory, I too started out my marital journey with just one flyrod.

Nearly 35 years later I still have that same flyrod.

....I am also fortuntate enough to have the same Redhead.

But as you can imagine I've accumulated just a couple more fly rods over the years.....

And man I gotta tell ya, it's getting REALLY hard to hide all these darn flyrods !!!

I think Aaron Reimer has succumbed to the same uncontrolable desire to surround himself with forests of graphite....And the Spey gods have blessed him well in that regards.

Although.... Aaron is a very clever man, and has hidden them within the guise of his wife's a beauty parlor.

Ya gotta love that !!!

Meiz

G

·
Ah the waiting game, it kind of wears on you. But today I stuffed up. There I was at the local boat ramp, handing out fliers on the Fishing Party, we have gone political, and I thought I'd bend the Loop 12 footer. So I get it out, put it together and hauledout the Steelfin XFR and, bugger me its got a Loop 10/11 adaptive head on it, the 8/9 is at home. A lot of kicking myself in bum, pack up gear and go home. Tomorrow is another day, will have right line and get ready for action. No fliers this time. Max

1 - 8 of 8 Posts