Spey Pages banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Saturday night after the Show a bunch of us headed to a nearby restaurant for some much needed food (not to mention the 160 types of beer on tap!). Warning - it is not always pretty when spey types go out into the regular world!

Here is a shot of two old friends getting together for the first time in years. Simon and Nobuo are old buddies from their days with Diawa in the UK. It was cool to be part of this reunion.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is the Forum braintrust at work - Duggan, Leland, Juro and Dana. I think the beers are having the desired effect.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now its starting to get a bit ugly ... Kush and Leland - do they need another?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What the hell is Kush doing now?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"Oh - Tyler-san, we would not do such a thing in Japan"

Attachments

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well folks - since this is a family site we can't even talk about what Kush was up to - but we're glad its over!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Meanwhile ... sometime much later back at the hotel ... :tsk_tsk:

Attachments

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Why do the above photo's give me the 'impression ...'

that it took the waitstaff 30 minutes to clear off all the empty glassware??:devil:

I know .... it was the "Traveling Boa!" :devil: I've noticed that every time "it" shows up the Devils Bru is close at hand. Where's Carry Nation when we need her to maintain order and decorum?????
:smokin:

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,393 Posts
All I know is I now have a fondness for good Sake. Not that I would know good from bad but Nobuo claimed it was good. You have to be suspicious though when he pours Simon and I sake and he drinks scotch. :chuckle:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Gents! I thanks so much for everything so nice seeing new and old friends once again at the Seattle.
Oh! After seeing the photo of Dana, I am only regret that I brought bottle of Sake. Why you guys didn't notice I am not taking it when we started.:tsk_tsk:

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,393 Posts
Cherry Pick,

Good to see you on board. I have some pics to send you once I get a few minutes to get them straightened out.

And remember, Thompson badddd, Skykomish worse :D

Sinktip

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Bob, I can tell this may have been your 'first opportunity' to

swap "liquid refreashments" with our Breathern across the Bigger Pond. Tried that only a couple of times and was put under the table .... they didn't blink an eye.
:whoa:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Nope!

I didn't make the show. I speak from experience - a misspent "youth" as a Marine Sgt. on R&R from Korea, then as a businessman over on business (we had a couple of plants there.)
The Japanese are fun-loving people. Funny - today, when you see them in Japan, on business or in public, they are very formal. But let 'em be on vacation, and the same very strict, straight-laced formal Japanese woman will run around Hawaii or Saipan (their close vacation resort) in a "minimal" string bikini, and the guys are always full of fun and raise hell. I used to always make sure my contacts were appreciative and helpful - on the way over, I would go in the duty-free store and buy 4 "Texas fifths" (2-liter jugs) of Chivas. Man, the smiles and cooperation it got me were fantastic. I miss it - but with the exchange rates now (poor), I couldn't have any of the fun I did then.

BobK

·
Registered
54 Posts
Love the Photo.."A couple too Many" reminds me of all those prision movies when the new inmate has his first meal in the prision cafeteria and has the usual stares from across the table....love it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts