Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i like cnd's coustom series but when i went to the rio web site and they suggest the same lines as my tfo to speed it up and slow it down now the meiser is a fast action more euro action that would be suited for sink tips is this correct thanks again and tight lines brownie1013
<'}}}}}}>~~~~< :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Hey Brown Trout,

If you read all of your follow up posts, you've been given excellent advice:

The bottom line is there really is no such thing as a bad two handed rod these days, it's a win-win situation for the anglers....It's simply a matter of lining them correctly to make them sing.

You no doubt do have many specific questions concerning the future selection of your next two hander...All anglers do.

I suggest you make your decision hands-on.

Go to your nearest fly shop and try the Scott, Sage, Winston, TFO....It really does'nt matter; and base your decision on how the rod feels to you.

...Or attend any of your regional Great Lakes Claves coming up this Spring.

These dates are posted on this site.

Many of your regional fly shops will bring their rod and line inventories for anglers to try out in a on-the-river enviornment at these gatherings.

My guess is you'll find something that will meet your needs spot-on through this process.

Good luck in your journey.

Meiz

·
Here we go again!
620 Posts
Clarification

To echo both Bob and Mike, you really do need to try the rods.

Problem is, guys can talk about how they think a rod is fast or slow or this or that, but feel is subjective and likely the single empirical element you cannot build into a rod. Take a rod and line it and give it to a half dozen casters who all have differing styles and backgrounds and there will be many varying descriptions of that rods action and desireabillity. I just did this a week back with a Meiser and a CND rod and each guy had a slightly different take on the rods. Their individual performances covered a range from not good to awesome, and all were good casters, some VERY good. Also, it isn't realistic to compare CND and Meiser rods as a whole since both make fast and slow rods, and specialized rods designed to do specific things. I've tried several rods by both makers and some CND rods I love, some I do not like at all. Same exact thing goes for the Meiser rods, or Scott, or Sage.

Map out the water you want to fish, the fish you want to target, whether you want to fish long light lines or throw heavy tips, and then contact these guys as well as some local fly shops and you'll find your answer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts