Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If your looking for a new 6wt. look no further! Gary has a new 13'3" 6wt V2 4 piece (400-450gr.) out that is just amazingly sweet! The first time I cast this rod I just got a big grin on my face and said wow. Gary's 1296 was a favorite of mine but only time will tell with this new 6. This rod is light in hand and casts effortlessly firing tight loops to the moon. The 1336 comes with the two tip section (Skagit / Scandi tip) if you please. After casting it some more I was just amazed by this 6 wt, throwing a 450 Skagit it felt like this thing was turbo charged and wanted fly. Not sure if you understand what I am trying to say but have you ever picked up a rod to cast and fired one out there and felt the power of it and was just like.....holy $h.. this thing just wants to go, that's just what this thing does! It's kind of funny because my very first ACR was a 1336 way back when it was a 3 piece burkie rolled blank and now it's back better then ever! If you can get a chance I highly recommend to give this rod a cast.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I had one of Gary's original 1204s that broke last year. I sent it back to him and he no longer had parts for it. I was up at the Rouge clave last spring and had planned to pick it up - he gave me a new 1204 for $100. The next day, my buddy who is getting pretty good after a few years at the 2 hand game picked up the rod and after a few casts (he was casting 10 to 15 feet further than he was with the rod he had) we jumped in his truck and drove to Gary's and he ordered one. Last fall, another friend who went on our Grande Ronde float picked up my rod and turned around and ordered one from Gary.

Gary makes awesome rods!!! The 1204 is super sweet with the RIO Max short 350 Skagit and an absolutely wonderful summer steelhead rod

·
Registered
945 Posts
I really really really want to try that 1336. Love Gary's rods. Are there any new models in his lineup?

CT

·
Registered
678 Posts
This is bad news; I'm trying to reduce the number of rods (and reels, lines, and fly tying materials...) :rolleyes:

I like my ACR rods the best.

Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts