Spey Pages banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hate to do it, but putting my 1255 up for sale! This is the elite series in perfect shape, small scratch in butt section see pic. Sock and tube included $550 shipped in US. Out of country we can work something out.

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Please, somebody buy this so I can sleep at night! ;-)

If I didn't already have one of Gary's 5wts, I'd be driving up there to pick this one up.

briansII

·
Banned
2,153 Posts
What's it like to throw for a line?

What's the action like?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What's it like to throw for a line?

What's the action like?

Thanks!
Linear progressive medium fast action that throws a 340 Scandi and a I have found I like a 360 Skagit on it. Some people like a 390 skag better. Here is a write up Steve Godshall did about Gary's rods.

Out of the popularity of the ACR 1296, the baby brother 1255 was created and then the 1214 and most recently the 1173. This family of 4 is as close as one can make rods similar and be line sizes smaller. All 4 are linear progressive , med fast, with a slight turbo tip energy boost. Going up from the 1296 to the 1327 "Skandit" Gary has created a different animal. The bottom 3 sections mimic the linear progressive, med fast flex, but the rod has 2 tips. The scandi tip (no turbo) maintains the linear progressive flex rate very classic euro scandi and the Skagit tip is a very large turbo tip, 2.5X more energy than Gary's normal rate (slight turbo). The magic comes from how well these 2 different powered tip have been blended in to the flex rate of the other sections. It took a lot of math and a year to nail it. To get the most from this rod I recommend at least 2 line systems. steve

·
Registered
361 Posts
If the Canadian dollar wasn't so poor I'd be all over this. It would fit real nice inbetween my ACR 1173 and ACR 1296!

I love Anderson rods.

It does fit perfectly b/w my 1296 and my 1174!!!!!
If you love your 1296 and your 1173, then you NEED this rod!!!
Hate to egg you on, but I can't imagine you wouldn't love it!!!

·
Registered
678 Posts
I know, I know. You're not helping Dave ;-). I'm avoiding SpeyPages to avoid the temptation of picking up some great new-to-me gear - I'm weak...

The CAD-USD exchange rate is a major issue, as well I am currently rebuilding my backcountry ski quiver for the first time in a dozen or so years, so I can't afford another rod right now.

Anyway, consider this a bump for a great rod!

Tom

1 - 18 of 18 Posts