Spey Pages banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD - ACR (Anderson Custom Rods) 1204 (12 foot , 4 weight, 4-piece) trout spey. I think it is a Burkie blank, excellent condition, very little use, with cordura rod/reel case. SOLD

·
Site Supporter
112 Posts
Not to me... I haven't seen any pics yet.

Mike, if you want it... it's yours. I am interested, but I just ordered a new 1296 ACR from Gary. The 1204 seems like a nice size rod and I would love to cast it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry guys, was out of town for a couple days and didn't have access to the pics. Sent the pics to both of you late yesterday.

·
Site Supporter
112 Posts
Haven't taken delivery of it yet, but I bought it solely based off the ACR 1337. The 1337 is one of the nicest casting rods I've ever felt. Gary said he makes the 1296 out of the same 3 composites and it cast very similar to the 1337.

I'm glad to hear you love it. I wasn't planning for any skagit use for this rod. Strictly a summer dry line scandi rod. I might sell my 1206 T&T if the 1296 cast anything like the 1337.

Do you have any other of Gary's rods?

What do you think of the ACR 1296? I have one and don't think there is a better scandi rod. With that said, I think it may be only a scandi rod. Your thoughts?

·
Site Supporter
112 Posts
Spey Newbie, I hope I don't offend you, but the pictures you emailed me didn't do the rod any justice. You have a beautiful rod and the pictures were blurry and hard to see. I wouldn't want someone to miss a chance to buy a great rod because they couldn't see it though the cheetos dust storm happening while you took the pictures.

On a side note, I did speak with Gary Anderson about this rod and he said it was closer to a true 5 weight. Also mentioning he has even caught steelhead on this rod. That's a strong rod! Might be a great trout rod, but I wouldn't hesitate to use it for some summer run steelhead too!

Good luck with the sale.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts