Spey Pages banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
rio 10/11

believe I may have one and don't need it. Virtually unused due to arthritis preventing me from using the long rod. Will check when i return home this weekend.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I have one I believe. Came with my 16' 9/10 BW Powerlite. All yellow with the funky front taper 'hinge.'

If you tell me what the head weight at a certain length is supposed to be I can weigh it to verify, otherwise it's just a past memory I'm going on.

FYI - I use a CND GPS 10/11 on that 16' 9/10 Powerlite. It's a powerful rod.

I would like to find a Rio Accelerator 10/11 if anyone has one to sell.

Thanks,

·
''Speydo-masochist''
1,265 Posts
I have one I believe. Came with my 16' 9/10 BW Powerlite. All yellow with the funky front taper 'hinge.'

If you tell me what the head weight at a certain length is supposed to be I can weigh it to verify, otherwise it's just a past memory I'm going on.

FYI - I use a CND GPS 10/11 on that 16' 9/10 Powerlite. It's a powerful rod.
If you bought your' Powerlite from Yorkie [Pete] then it will be the 10/11 Accelarator he sold with it as we both had the same lines.

He's gone down the Scandi "Dark Side" now, & lead me astray as well....

Regards, Tyke.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Hi Tyke,

No it wasn't. We talked about it but he wanted too much for his. :chuckle:

Got it from another gentlemen in the UK. Mine has the black (not gold) reel seat.

Cheers,
Preston

If you bought your' Powerlite from Yorkie [Pete] then it will be the 10/11 Accelarator he sold with it as we both had the same lines.

He's gone down the Scandi "Dark Side" now, & lead me astray as well....

Regards, Tyke.

·
''Speydo-masochist''
1,265 Posts
Hi Tyke,

No it wasn't. We talked about it but he wanted too much for his. :chuckle:

Got it from another gentlemen in the UK. Mine has the black (not gold) reel seat.

Cheers,
Preston
Arh, he was including both the floating & intermediate (I believe Rio later re-classified these as a sink 2) Accelerators in #10/11 with it, the inty/ sinker is a beauty, these were damn expensive in the UK when they came over & went thru' manufacturers, importers, wholesaler's & retailers profit margins! I think these were the first £50.00+ lines I ever bought!

Good lines though, I still use mine now & again (& also have an #8/9 for light line work). There is also a multi - tip version (I have one of those as well - told you I was sold on these back then!) they go really well on the 16 ft # 9/10 Powerlite or Norway Speycasters; they are also heavy enough to work on my 16 #11 wt Powerlite - so hopefully you'll find a good 'un & enjoy it.

Regards, Tyke.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have 9/10/11 floater. not versi tip. I can offer it for $25 plus shipping. It is virtually unused and has been well stored. if you are still interested send me a pm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts