Spey Pages banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have concern about new Hardy's 15', #10 two handed rod.
If there is someone who has fished with, please let me advise your impress about it and know suitable line for that rod.

If Rio's Mid Spey line would suit, let me know
what number of midspey line will suit that rod.

I will thank you to advise me any opinion.
Thanks.

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
welcome cloudsfor!

I am not familiar with this rod but if there's anywhere on the web where you'll find someone who is, this is likely the place!

Meantime, I'd be willing to bet you'd be safe with either the MidSpey 9/10 or 10/11. If you are new to speycasting select the 10/11; if you've been casting a while and are comfortable carrying the entire belly of the MidSpey outside the rod tip select the 9/10.

Simon Gawesworth from RIO is a regular visitor here. Perhaps he has cast this rod and can make a more specific recommendation.

·
Addicted to the cast!
274 Posts
Hi Cloudsfor

I just spoke to Andy Murray at Hardys to get the gen on the Origin. The 15' Origin is a faster rod than the Gem. Dana is dead on. If you are experienced then the 9/10 would be best, but if you are not able to carry most of the head the 10/11 MidSpey would be the best choice.

Tight lines
Simon

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
Good Rod

Got a chance to cast origin with the Hardy Mach one and 9/10 Midspey at the Sandy River Conclave.
I wish I had a few more hours to do some more casting with it.
Let me tell you this is not my father’s Hardy.
I liked what I cast and how easy i t was to get good line speed.

:cool:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks, Simon and Speybum.

Thanks to both of your advise, I got to have more expectation about that rod.
Speybum, your expression that this is not my father's hardy is very impressive to me.
I feel significant meaning through that. thanks.
And I'm glad to contact with Simon who I have been studied through his video.
In my country, It is hard to get the general information about spey because there are not much flyfisherman moreover nearly nobody fisherman enjoy spey fishing.
So these advise and materials like casting videos are nearly only way to study spey.
Thanks again, and welcome more advise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts