Spey Pages banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at fishing a "spey" fly for winter runs near the salt. I have always fished marabou or intruder style patterns in the winter months and decided to attempt a more conservative approach, plus they are nicer to cast. Pink has always been a go to colour here on the island for winter Steel especially near the salt so I thought I will give this one a swing.

Attachments

·
Pupil of the river.
403 Posts
Winter Spey

Hell yeah! Beautiful. Love the white hackle!

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Lovely work!

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
I love how the body almost glows through the hackle, very crustacean looking, prawny, what have you, is that gadwell pink flank for the throat?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Very nice fly dressed in a more traditional style. Nice work and I am sure it will catch just fine. I used to fish patterns that were dressed in a more classic style myself but in recent years have been pretty much fishing lead eyes, marabou and rubber legged monsters. Not pretty to look at but oh so effective especially for winter fish.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Wow. That is a really nice fly. I've been thinking along similar lines and am just finding all my stuff for tying Speys and Dee's. Awesome fly though! Love the colours. Frank

1 - 13 of 13 Posts