Spey Pages banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
So how was the trip? I'm heading up to Telkwa on the 19th for 2 weeks. From what I hear water is low but fishing has recently picked up. I figure by the time I get up there some precip will come and all those fish that have been waiting to move will be on the run.

Great vid thanks for sharing.

-John

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John,

I was only able to fish for a couple of days--most of the trip was travelling and a DVD shoot with Lani Waller. Word on the river was that fishing has been on again, off again but I think later might be better on the Skeena system this year. Good luck and give us a report when you return!

·
Registered
318 Posts
that little video protrays perfectly the memories of a nice fish...sure wish I was back in BC for anotehr week.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Dana,

Thanks a lot for the info. I've heard the same thing. Personally I could go the whole trip and not land a fish and still have a great time. But you may be right, later in the year seems like the right timing for this year given the conditions. I'll fill you in on what transpired when I get back.

Best regards,

-John

·
Registered
293 Posts
Dana,

Fishing on the Bulkley and Morice wasn't bad at all until the weather hit. First 6 days I went 10 for 19 following 3 days - with 3 feet of snow and sub-freezing air temps - went 0 for 1. This was my first trip to the area and I've got to say it's the way steeleheading should be. Even picked up a nice fish on a classic pattern and a floater!

Can't wait until next year,

-John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts