Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
fly on little wing
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

How many times have you've had hits on the strip in? Is your stripping special? Slow or fast? Jerky or nice and steady? Do you change it up? I'm trying the WC body and tip this summer (38'). This is OK in the warmer weather but I don't think I want to do this in the cold.

Thanks

Gary

·
Registered
267 Posts
Stripping

Suprisingly I tend to get a lot of hits when stripping the running line in when fishing a short belly line. If I am trying to get hits I try and mix it up a little. One long strip, pause, 3-5 short jerky strips, pause, long strip. I tend to mix it up each time until the fish tell me what they like. After a couple of these I tend give up and just make long quick strips to get the line in and make another cast. There are a couple runs where it seems this is the only way to pull fish out of them. They wont hit a fly on the swing, but let it dangle and then start stripping it past them and hang on! :whoa:

·
Registered
646 Posts
It's happened to me as well. In fact, two years ago I couldn't believe how many solid pulls I had on the first strip at the end of the swing after the hang down. It spurred fish camp discussion regarding being "onto something"...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts